Weekly Update 2021-08-20
The weekly Friday update from the Aurora team.
For today's update, we announced the following progress highlights made this week:
- This week, much of our engineering effort was spent fixing things. Not always what we want to be doing, but that's how it often goes with software! 😄
- We launched the UI for the Goerli Rainbow Testnet bridge.
- We published an Aurora task defined for the MetaBUIDL Hackathon.
- We addressed an issue with NEP-148 metadata compliance of Rainbow bridged ERC-20 tokens. A fix is being tested on the Testnet.
- The Aurora RPC was discovered to be broken, and we fixed it.
- We fixed an issue related to Mainnet transfer finalization on the Rainbow Bridge, affecting a small number of transactions, and related to the London hard fork.
- We reviewed submissions of the IOSG hackathon.
- We continued engineering of an auto-sync feature for the Rainbow and Aurora Bridges. This will allow users to see all past transactions, even if local browser storage is lost. The UI part of this work is still pending.
- We paused design on an SDK product we're creating for Aurora app developers, in order to implement a new design for the Aurora home page that will communicate the state of the network, and help to quickly answer some of the most common questions we get. We expect to launch that, and get back to the SDK next week.
- Our Apps & Partners, and Quality, Security & Infrastructure teams continue their core long-term activities.
And that's all from today. Have a great weekend, and look forward to providing you more updates next week.