Weekly Update 2021-09-17
The weekly Friday update from the Aurora team.
For today's update, we announced the following progress highlights made this week:
- This week the various teams were mostly focused on longer-term objectives, with future near-term milestones.
- The Bridge team completed a critical improvement to the Rainbow Bridge, fixing metadata, including icons, for all NEP-141 tokens.
- The Bridge team also released a bridge-assets repository for external requests to update tokens metadata and/or icons, and a bridge cli-tool, useful for partners to get metrics and data related to the bridge.
- The Engine team released a hotfix version 1.6.3.
- The Product team continued work on a redesign of the Rainbow Bridge, completing a UI prototype that will allow backend integration to start in parallel, as well as refactoring and improvement of much of the underlying infrastructure.
- We reported that the NEAR validator (aurora.poolv1.near) now holds over 5 million staked NEAR, to help us fund our bridge operations. Thanks!
- We announced three new open positions, for a total of four, on the Aurora Careers page. We encourage you to check it out!
And that's all from today. Have a great weekend, and look forward to providing you more updates next week.